With everything going on around us, sometimes it is good to be reminded that people are not all bad. There is light out there. Here are Five Fun Things to put a smile on your face:
- Earlier this week I stumbled upon this review regarding Sardine Toast
- Kavu’s Hibernator, this link takes you to this fun poncho made by Kavu for sitting by the fire. Sadly, it looks like it’s a bit short to wear to change out of your wetsuit. That’s not why it’s on the list – move through the images until you reach the short video – and watch that to the end. There is no way it doesn’t bring a smile to your face.
- Maui Film Festival is this month. The virtual film festival allows you to watch movies from your couch. Films are available until July 30, 2022. My personal favorite: Keep It a Secret:
- Our Community Library is FULL. We built this library with an old TV stand we found in an alley way. I put a row of books. Within a few days, it was empty. To be honest, I was like maybe this won’t work, we don’t have any more books. But, here it is full and so far every day when I come home there are few books taken and additions. Some of the hidden gems have included a 1980s Hobbit and Around he World in 80 days by Jules Verne. One day someone put in a bunch of book marks, and people have been taking those too!
- There is a flower that you can find in the Alpine that is coined the Miner’s Foot because the flower’s smell attracts flies. It’s called Bistort. Read more about it at: https://www.colorado.edu/asmagazine-archive/node/1626.
Leave a Reply